Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Conservitum Americum
8,873 Posts
Are all of those SLC's? I don't have a problem with the resistors at the panel in burg alarms but fire is a different story. Especially when troubleshooting.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The panel looks for the resistor or it's in trouble. Yes it's addressable. Monaco m2.

Class A

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FrunkSlammer said:
Looks brag-worthy! I like the little identification tags, what are they?
3m scotch code wire marker

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I forgot to take before pics ( as usual ) But it looked terrible.

Old system 3

·
Conservitum Americum
8,873 Posts
Looks brag-worthy!

I like the little identification tags, what are they?
These

or these

They are cloth tape like the old adhesive athletic tape.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IslandGuy said:
We're not permitted to enter FACPs anywhere but the bottom.
Really? I've never heard that.

Do you always box the batteries separately?

This one states right on the bottom do not enter. Do you still come in the bottom in this case?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It looks nice , but I've never understood the reasoning for EOL's returning back to the panel ? It's a colossal waste of wire in my opinion . I've always put my end of lines in accessible easy to teach devices and that device is marked EOL . Are you sure that's an addressable system ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It looks nice , but I've never understood the reasoning for EOL's returning back to the panel ? It's a colossal waste of wire in my opinion . I've always put my end of lines in accessible easy to teach devices and that device is marked EOL . Are you sure that's an addressable system ?
Look up a class "A" system. The intent is to provide a redundant path should there be a fault or open in the circuit.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I've ripped out non addressable zoned panels that were that size and replaced them with addressable Siemens , notifier , and Edwards equipment less than half that size .

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
ren79eg said:
Look up a class "A" system. The intent is to provide a redundant path should there be a fault or open in the circuit.
. I know what a class " A " system Is , but in 22 years , never put one in . Ripped a bunch out though , lol !

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
ren79eg said:
. I've worked with a lot of vendors installing FA systems in schools , office buildings , high rises and generally class " A " systems were what was being replaced . I'm not saying it's never done around here , but I've yet to come across it .

1 - 20 of 55 Posts