Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I ran a 14/3 to a kitchen addition for the dishwasher and disposal

its on a 2 pole 15 and marked dishwasher/disposal

inspector failed it saying the dish and disposal cant be on the same breaker

2008 code cycle, i don't get it.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Inspector is mistaken, they are on two circuits. Use two single poles with a tie.

Sent from my C5215 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
What's the difference.?
Since the inspector is an jackass, now he would actually have two separate breakers without a common internal trip.

Sent from my C5215 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

·
Registered
914 Posts
210.4(a)
210.4 multiwire branch circuits. (a) general. Branch circuits recognized by this article shall be permitted as multiwire circuits. A multiwire circuit shall be permitted to be considered as multiple circuits. All conductors of a multiwire branch circuit shall originate from the same panelboard or similar distribution equipment.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
no, the homeowner just told me what he said. I haven't seen the actual inspection report yet.

appliance ratings, don't know, don't think I have ever checked. I always run a 14/3 for the dish/disposal
Why oh why do you allow the inspector in your customers home so he can destroy your reputation in front of the customer?:blink:

You should always walk through with the inspector and make sure he does not fail you in front of the client, who will then turn around and write a review with the phrase " He failed inspection because of incompantance."

Charge for the time in your quotes and never let that happen.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Why oh why do you allow the inspector in your customers home so he can destroy your reputation in front of the customer?:blink:

You should always walk through with the inspector and make sure he does not fail you in front of the client, who will then turn around and write a review with the phrase " He failed inspection because of incompantance."

Charge for the time in your quotes and never let that happen.
I would say you have some high dollar quotes if you can wait around all day for the inspector.

·
HTTR
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a 2 hour window, anything else is unexceptable.
4 hour window here, am or pm. I prefer to charge for it in the proposal, then try to arrange the inspection when the homeowner or contractor will be there.
I would have been there if i thought for a second there could be an issue.

I seriously doubt my reputation with the homeowner is in jeopardy when he reinspects and nothing has changed

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I've installed 12-3 under sinks for years , because we never get appliance specs here.

Our AHJ's have only made it an issue with the upcoming (July?) 2014, when we'll be running 12-4 instead

~CS~

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.