Electrician Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds like this guy is just busting your balls. Are you sure you didn't take the job away from possibly his company if he has one. I don't know of any panel that comes from the factory "with" a factory installed main breaker that is NOT service rated. If that be the case there are a lot and I mean a lot of panels in this country that are in violation. By the way the 120/240 Volt rating covers his 208V issue. He should get a life. Good Luck I hope you get this resolved.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well, okay, I left out the funny part. It's a school board job that's T+M, so I'm paying myself for the time I invest calling the SH looking for a 208 panel (they deserve a laugh too), the time to write the RFI to the Engineer, and the time to laugh about it here. And I'm paying myself for the time it takes to pay the reinspection fee as well as including the reinspection fee on the T+M invoice.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to fight the inspector.:whistling2:
Sounds like you're wasting time and money instead of just managing the job. If i was the Engineer or customer I'd be expecting you to just sort this out and move on. Especially if I was paying you t&m. fixed price contracts exist largely because of dumbass stuff like this.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts