Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
I try and stay away from those things and others like them. Although erico makes lots of good products.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I tried the H23's once after hearing BBQ using them on a job and liking them. They are incredibly thin and seemed super chinsy when I mounted up a few boxes. So much in fact that I was worried they wouldn't hold up. I switched back to regular bracket boxes midjob after installing just a few of those H23's.

But, after the sheetrock was installed, to my surprise, those boxes felt more solid in the wall than the bracket boxes I replaced them with. Might be worth a try if you're interested. I think they would really shine when working with steel studs that like to bow and deflect when you put pressure on the box.

http://www.erico.com/products/CADDYcfcMntngBrcktAnyElecBx.asp

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
I use scrap trac to support metal boxes in walls. Or I cut 2x3" lumber to fit between studs and screw that in. Or I use that expanding flat brace that caddy sells to support boxes. I'm a moody bitch. :whistling2:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Mac....when you got hundereds or thousands of device boxes to do.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
The h brackets are the way to go. Throw up a bunch of cj6 wire straps and your golden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts