Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a different perspective.i have a T building 150 away from exiting H frame service. i need to feed three separate 200a panels on t building. the feeder needs to be ran over head to new H frame that will support disconnects for t buildings. Accoridng to 225.30 it has to be a single feeder run to h frame then I can
feed to gutter that feeds disconnects to each 200a panel inside T building. does that make any since?

im asking for ideas. BTW can i hang the New 600a disconnect that will feed the feeder to the new H frame with gutter then 200a disconnects. or do i need to hang disconnect at New H frame location

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New Feeder Run

I have a T building 150 away from exiting H frame service. i need to feed three separate 200a panels on T building. The feeder needs to be ran over head to new H frame that will support disconnects for T buildings. Accoridng to 225.30 it has to be a single feeder run to H frame. then Can
I feed to gutter that feeds disconnects to each 200a panel inside T building. does that make any since?

im asking for ideas. BTW can i hang the New 600a disconnect that will feed the feeder to the new H frame with gutter then 200a disconnects. or do i need to hang disconnect at New H frame location[/quote]

I am looing for different perspective on this topic.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Who said you needed a 600 amp feeder? Have you done an actual load calculation?
Having 3 , 200 amp panels does not nessesarily mean you need a 600 amp feeder.
Way too many unknowns here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who said you needed a 600 amp feeder? Have you done an actual load calculation?
Having 3 , 200 amp panels does not nessesarily mean you need a 600 amp feeder.
Way too many unknowns here
sorry I tried to edit after posting but couldn't figure it out.

I have a T building that basically needs 3- 200a panels hooked up.
the customer has a 800a service on H frame with no load.They want the feeder to run overhead from existing H frame.

my idea was to install new H frame next to T building with 600a disconnect with gutter that would feed 3 disconnects that would feed the 3 panels needed. im just asking if anyone has any better ideas.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
How far overhead? What voltage?
600 amp aerial cable is no joke.
I would consider finding out the actual demands for each 200 amp panel.
You may be able to run a smaller feeder to the remote building. It is rare that the actual demand is 100% of the panels ratings. In fact almost never.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts