Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have never seen them in the field. I'll admit to only seeing one in a picture for the first time today, kudos to Mike Holt. So my question , how does one go about accessing the fuses inside? Is it a plain and obvious snap cover? Just asking so I don't look the complete fool when I do have to get to a burnt fuse in one of these critters.

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
3,827 Posts
Have never seen them in the field. I'll admit to only seeing one in a picture for the first time today, kudos to Mike Holt. So my question , how does one go about accessing the fuses inside? Is it a plain and obvious snap cover? Just asking so I don't look the complete fool when I do have to get to a burnt fuse in one of these critters.
post the pic newbie :)
we dont know what you are looking at

·
Senile Member
35,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • Helpful
Reactions: Almost Retired

·
Senile Member
35,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just opens like a little door, and the fuse is de-energized when you open it, and it slides out.
The one in my link picture doesn't look like it has a door. I wonder if they are meant to be toss in the trash when continuity is lost and replace unit?

Newfangled European stylish look to it.........

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I'll post you a link to the picture, since it clearly says copy rite I don't want to post it.

Mike Holt's Code Question and Graphic of the Day
no i have never seen those. but it looks like you pull the tab with the black label on it

since the device belongs to bussman, i doubt you will get into trouble for copying the pic, they dont worry about ppl copying what they put on the net
i read the side label and am googling now

·
Senile Member
35,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i have never seen those. but it looks like you pull the tab with the black label on it

since the device belongs to bussman, i doubt you will get into trouble for copying the pic, they dont worry about ppl copying what they put on the net
i read the side label and am googling now
Not worried bout Bussman. Worried about Mike.........

• Wow
Reactions: Almost Retired

·
Registered
3,827 Posts

·
Senile Member
35,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pretty slick. The PLC guys are all laughing their asses off. I don't install or use much din rail stuff for a long time now.

Reactions: glen1971 and Mbit

·
Senile Member
35,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if you are referring to my post #12 , those have been around for over 40 years

i think your original post is a younger tech than that, maybe 20 yrs or less in my part of the us
I wan't referring to you at all. Sorry for misunderstanding. Do you also do a lot of work around PLC's? or make control panels?

·
Senile Member
35,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't pursue pv at all. I just see too much crummy work being foisted on the public around here to be interested. And........ ugly mess of disco's and gutters and wall battery units and all that on visible from the street tied to the original meter/main sockets with lots of red glue on legends and warning labels to boot. Doesn't float my boat at all.......

·
Registered
Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade electrical systems, plant utilities, PLC's, mechanical
909 Posts
I've used the finger safe fuse holders for years and the smaller glass fuse type shown in one of the earlier posts.

Switched from construction to maintenence back in 1991.

In maintenance you see both really old devices and the latest, greatest, state of the art devices.

The two fuse holders shown have made pulling and checking fuses a bunch safer compared to some of the older fuse holders.

There was a time when the line side of a fuse holder was always energized and you would have to pull the fuses very carefully.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts