Electrician Talk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
Electrician
When I worked in a mfg plant years ago, several of the machines had those type fuse holders. So these are not anything new. I will note that all the machines that had them were European made. Some were Telemechanique brand, which I think is French.

Registered
Marine
Have never seen them in the field. I'll admit to only seeing one in a picture for the first time today, kudos to Mike Holt. So my question , how does one go about accessing the fuses inside? Is it a plain and obvious snap cover? Just asking so I don't look the complete fool when I do have to get to a burnt fuse in one of these
I'm flagging this post.Trying to claim you don't know something just shows you're a HO in disguise. Every electrician I've ever met popped out of the womb knowing everything. IBTL.馃槑

Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm flagging this post.Trying to claim you don't know something just shows you're a HO in disguise. Every electrician I've ever met popped out of the womb knowing everything. IBTL.馃槑
Yes you are right. Orthodontist.

Reactions: backstay

Registered
I don't pursue pv at all. I just see too much crummy work being foisted on the public around here to be interested. And........ ugly mess of disco's and gutters and wall battery units and all that on visible from the street tied to the original meter/main sockets with lots of red glue on legends and warning labels to boot. Doesn't float my boat at all.......
There鈥檚 your opportunity a-knocking. I will bet you/anyone a lot of people who don鈥檛/won鈥檛 jump on the solar thing because it is basically UGLY.

Why can鈥檛 a company specialize in solar builds? You rebuilt a ceiling pretty good to accommodate a paddle fan when the ceiling height was too low,,. You could probably, especially being so close to the equator and flat panels with little or no tilt are viable, build backyard gazebos and free standing driveway carports incorporating the panels for the roofing selling the whole shebang w/oruining the aesthetics of the existing house,

DC>AC inverter tech incorporating and consolidating the required discos are available, those solar installs with a crap ton of mismatched electrical gear slapped on the exterior walls is the result of install companies going with the cheapest equipment they can find.
Being the solar company that doesn鈥檛 turn your service entrance wall into something like Frankenstein lab, or crap up peoples roofs Could be more than just a niche, you could set a new standard.

Registered
industrial E,I&C
One day you are going to come across a din mounted finger safe mounted upside down and call the person who installed it all sorts of colorful names.

On a serious note there are two types of fuses for the size CMP posted. Rejection and non rejection (titty or non titty) so you have to be careful which type and which way around they are installed. Worst thing is some can be forced which can breaker the fuse holder setting a trap for the next person to work on it.

Registered
One day you are going to come across a din mounted finger safe mounted upside down and call the person who installed it all sorts of colorful names.

On a serious note there are two types of fuses for the size CMP posted. Rejection and non rejection (titty or non titty) so you have to be careful which type and which way around they are installed. Worst thing is some can be forced which can breaker the fuse holder setting a trap for the next person to work on it.
Not unheard of with safety switches to be reverse fed, have to be careful everywhere. Bloody idiots will get you.

Registered
I just saw this today. It's fortunate no one got hurt.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
One one was going to swap phases in the safety switch, turned off the switch started to disconnect the wires, decided to do a quick conduit trace & then noticed it was reverse fed, so reversed course, another close call where testing would told me the same thing with less risk.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts