Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a fire alarm project that must include a co2 deluge system in a kitchen. Can anyone show me the symbols for a drawing that are necessary. Thanks.

Mark

·
Light Bender
plumber
6,677 Posts
I am working on a fire alarm project that must include a co2 deluge system in a kitchen. Can anyone show me the symbols for a drawing that are necessary. Thanks.

Mark
There are no universally recognized standards for fire alarm symbols in Canada, but there are some common ones that many use. Here are a couple of examples of kitchen CO2 systems symbols off of a set of prints

·
Super Moderator
7,513 Posts
If you want to impress the AHJ, use NFPA symbols and cite such on the coversheet of the drawings.
You can sign up for a free account to view (and take screen shots of) NFPA standards.

NFPA home page

NFPA 170 Standard for Fire Safety and Emergency Symbols

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are no universally recognized standards for fire alarm symbols in Canada, but there are some common ones that many use. Here are a couple of examples of kitchen CO2 systems symbols off of a set of prints
View attachment 156333 View attachment 156334
View attachment 156333 View attachment 156334
The first picture you showed is something I am looking for. You wouldnt happen to have the whole floor diagram would you. That would be awesome.

·
Light Bender
plumber
6,677 Posts
I was just wondering if you have a PDF file of this floor drawing or a snapshot of the full drawing. Thanks
There is nothing to see from the floor drawing. The wiring is what you see, 2 wires just drawn coming from a monitor module to the CO2 contacts with an EOL.

What are you looking for? How to wire it? The units come with dry contacts. Super simple to wire. Treat it like a conventional device. When someone operates the CO2 unit it’s contacts close. We Just monitor the contacts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is nothing to see from the floor drawing. The wiring is what you see, 2 wires just drawn coming from a monitor module to the CO2 contacts with an EOL.

What are you looking for? How to wire it? The units come with dry contacts. Super simple to wire. Treat it like a conventional device. When someone operates the CO2 unit it’s contacts close. We Just monitor the contacts.
No I am just looking for the floor diagram. This picture looks like part of a drawing. I am in a class right now and we have this drawing to do without very little instruction. If you don’t have a drawing, what about a wet sprinkler system that is fed up from the janitors room on each floor. Devices, etc in this room? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Light Bender
plumber
6,677 Posts
No I am just looking for the floor diagram. This picture looks like part of a drawing. I am in a class right now and we have this drawing to do without very little instruction. If you don’t have a drawing, what about a wet sprinkler system that is fed up from the janitors room on each floor. Devices, etc in this room? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the drawing but I can not post it. It is the instructor version (answer sheet) of a drawing for a fire alarm course.

I can definitely help you though, What course are you taking?

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,986 Posts
In a class and asking for all the homework done for you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts