Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Wireman5000 said:
Is there a program out there that any of you are using to do Fire Alarm layouts, as-builts, etc? I'm hoping for a less-expensive alternative to AutoCad...
No. I use autocad 2011 and excel for my calcs. What systems are you
working with. I might be able to help you out on the calcs and design

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We use Edwards. An engineer that I know just mentioned ProgeCad. Plus ConEst has a program for overlaying PDF files. We use ConEst for our estimating, so the add-on would be potential. I'm not opposed to subbing out the drawings, but I've had a bad experience with that in the past...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Wireman5000 said:
We use Edwards. An engineer that I know just mentioned ProgeCad. Plus ConEst has a program for overlaying PDF files. We use ConEst for our estimating, so the add-on would be potential. I'm not opposed to subbing out the drawings, but I've had a bad experience with that in the past...
If you want I can email you a fire alarm template that I use for all my drawings. Just give me your email and what version of cad you use. That way you can do it in house.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Giorgio.g said:
bd, mind sharing that template with me as well if possible? Thanks.
Yea send me your email. It's going to be a notifier template. All you have to do is change the company name and information on the layout tabs. The symbols are NFPA 170 2013 compliant. I could send calcs if y'all used notifier, firelite, and silent knight. Can't send y'all any of my honeywell stuff though lol

·
NJ Electrical Contractor
324 Posts
Yea send me your email. It's going to be a notifier template. All you have to do is change the company name and information on the layout tabs. The symbols are NFPA 170 2013 compliant. I could send calcs if y'all used notifier, firelite, and silent knight. Can't send y'all any of my honeywell stuff though lol
Sent me anything you might have, I will sort it out once i get the templates and see what i need, better to have more than not have enough. PM sent!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hey guys I also draw and design for other companies. However I don't stamp them. I leave that to the PE or whomever you have as a company stamp/sign off on prints. If you need some done in a pinch just let me know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.