Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Licensed Journeyman
Joined
·
5,880 Posts
Yes. Spontaneously combustion among electrical devices is a known fact.

All kidding aside if a poorly wired socket is exposed to a combustible material then certainly should be a fire starter. It makes the heat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,219 Posts
Strongus said:
Can a socket ignite fire without switching on or plugging anything?
If it is not "switched on" then there is no possibility of it igniting an electrical fire because there will be no electrical potential at the "socket".

Besides, electrical devices, in themselves, don't "ignite fire". Improper use or installation of said devices are the cause of the problem.

Are we talking light socket or 120v receptacle? Proper terminology is important.
 

·
Retired Account
Joined
·
39,697 Posts
Yes it's the electricians fault , so is lightning, static electricity & the red sox

~CS~
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top