Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
I have my doubts after the amount it has been sprayed.
Do you do a lot of fire alarm installation and servicing?

If the horn strobe was getting wet inside it is very likely the fire panel would be reading a ground fault or short circuit.

Fire systems are monitored and when there is a problem typically the panel dials out to a central station notifying them there is a problem.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

If the horn strobe was getting wet inside it is very likely the fire panel would be reading a ground fault or short circuit.

Fire systems are monitored and when there is a problem typically the panel dials out to a central station notifying them there is a problem.
Oh, no doubt, I just don't think they would notice at this particular home depot.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Oh, no doubt, I just don't think they would notice at this particular home depot.
They don't have to. The monitoring company would be notified and would call the manager.

Meh. I just thought it was interesting placement. Oh well. Never mind :p
Which do you think came first? My vote is for the horn/strobe.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

When I go to troubleshoot an intermittent earth ground trouble, one of the first things I check is the outside beacon for evidence of water intrusion. If the trouble is in when I arrive, obviously I meter everything to find the ground. If the panel is clear then the beacon is where I begin the search for the needle in the haystack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.