Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'll be the first to admit I don't belong here....BUT....I've come here to learn from the experts.

I am a real estate appraiser and recently became FHA certified to do FHA appraisals. Now that
doesn't mean much BUT I find I need some electrical knowledge so here I am.

In my property inspections I have to test the outlets in each room. In a house recently I discovered
that some - not all - of the outlets had open ground faults.

This is something I have to report but I want to understand what that means exactly (or as best I can)
and what's involved with fixing the problem.

No, I am not going to fix anything! I just want to know what has to happen when the client has to
have it fixed.

I am in San Jose, CA and I'll fix my profile later. IF any of you have any general appraisal questions
feel free to email me. I can't talk about your property or area (unless you are here) but I can answer
some of the why's of what we do.

Have a great day! Sorry this is so long.

Alisa;)

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,796 Posts
Alisa, I'm real sorry but that is not what this site is all about. Like it says in the sign up page, ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries.

This may help:Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

You may also want to try www.ContractorTalk.com as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.