Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use the same fittings/connectors for liquid tight(metal inside) and non-metallic liquid tight. Also, is corrugated tubing rated for outdoor use? I want to run fiber optic/belden wire through it. I know liquid tight is better , but im looking for a cheaper option

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
carflex

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
What is ipex corline? Is it outdoor rated?
I could not remember where to post my answer , so I started a new thread called What is Ipex Corline ?

I hope this helps . Just Google Ipex Corline , and it will explain the uses .

·
Lurker...
475 Posts
I do not believe any of the ENT (IPEX or other brands) are outdoor (UV) rated. http://www.ipexelectrical.com/Content/Products/Product.aspx?IsDownload=true&FileId=455

I would suggest a NM Liquidtight conduit (ex. CARLON) with appropriate, listed, fittings. Most of these systems are rated for outdoor use. If you need more crush resistance, then select a metallic Liquidtight conduit (LFMC). Its more expensive, but will also do the job.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LJSMITH1 said:
I do not believe any of the ENT (IPEX or other brands) are outdoor (UV) rated. http://www.ipexelectrical.com/Content/Products/Product.aspx?IsDownload=true&FileId=455 I would suggest a NM Liquidtight conduit (ex. CARLON) with appropriate, listed, fittings. Most of these systems are rated for outdoor use. If you need more crush resistance, then select a metallic Liquidtight conduit (LFMC). Its more expensive, but will also do the job.
Hey great answer thanks. I have plenty of metallic liquid tight and fittings. If i get the nm liquid tight can i use the same fittings as the metallic?

·
Lurker...
475 Posts
Hey great answer thanks. I have plenty of metallic liquid tight and fittings. If i get the nm liquid tight can i use the same fittings as the metallic?
Only if they are listed for such! The Mfr.s box label should be the first place to check. There are plenty of liquidtight fittings which will work on both Type-B NM and LFMC conduits.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can you use the same fittings/connectors for liquid tight(metal inside) and non-metallic liquid tight. Also, is corrugated tubing rated for outdoor use? I want to run fiber optic/belden wire through it. I know liquid tight is better , but im looking for a cheaper option
The fittings are not interchangeable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts