Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Extended Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who use flat rate software - which one do you use, and what are the pros and cons?

Currently we are using ES2. I like the format because its generally easy to use. I feel that the software itself is kind of glitchy (logs out spontaneously, slow response on the computer, takes forever to connect on the iPad). I also dislike that if I add a customer/estimate on one machine (iPad or laptop), it doesn't update on the other machine. I do feel that we get our $99 a month out of it but I have to wonder if there isn't a better solution.

Thanks!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Those of you who use flat rate software - which one do you use, and what are the pros and cons?

Currently we are using ES2. I like the format because its generally easy to use. I feel that the software itself is kind of glitchy (logs out spontaneously, slow response on the computer, takes forever to connect on the iPad). I also dislike that if I add a customer/estimate on one machine (iPad or laptop), it doesn't update on the other machine. I do feel that we get our $99 a month out of it but I have to wonder if there isn't a better solution.

Thanks!
Are you a member of the ES2 forum, if so you should know that they are re-doing the software so those problems will not be there, there are a few threads going on about the update, so check it out..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Sorry Harry said it before and I'll say it again ES2 is nice but glitchy. If it worked as promised I'd still be a believer. But alas the cool aid soured and I cry into my pillow every night.......

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Oh and the forum still waiting on it to help improve the software. But then again I haven't been a member in a few months, can I stop holding my breath now?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Sorry Harry said it before and I'll say it again ES2 is nice but glitchy. If it worked as promised I'd still be a believer. But alas the cool aid soured and I cry into my pillow every night.......
Building the best takes time, it will be ready soon enough.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just a spreadsheet. 150 items takes care of 90% of our calls. The spreadsheet has a column for labor units that multiplies by a constant and a column for material prices that is updated quarterly. We've been tweeting it for years. The description and prices are uploaded to Mpengo's app. I've tried several services, but simple is good.

Sent from my iPad using electriciantalk.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.