Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if i put this in the right section so feel free to move it if not. Im working on an older house that this clown is trying to flip. Before and while we were there they had their goons tearing stuff out and cutting things in, like tearing out walls with switches and outles in them and shoving wires wherever and cutting in remodel cans and exhaust fans so we have to take them back out to wire. Anyway without fully knowing what exactly was done by others electrically is there a way to find out if i missed any hot wire that might just be shoved in a wall or attic.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I told the GC, if thats what you wanna call him, that when it comes to electrical work it should be the electricians that do the work and he said "well they didnt do much though, i can call them back to see where they did stuff with the electrical". I said i just wanna tell you that its going to take longer and cost more now and i cant warranty any of the work, next time make sure we do it from the start.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Electrical on a flip should be done by handymen. The poor sap that just spent his lifes savings to buy the house needs to hire an electrician to fix it.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I told the GC, if thats what you wanna call him, that when it comes to electrical work it should be the electricians that do the work and he said "well they didnt do much though, i can call them back to see where they did stuff with the electrical". I said i just wanna tell you that its going to take longer and cost more now and i cant warranty any of the work, next time make sure we do it from the start.

But even GC's will have their guys do demo work, no license needed for electrical....~CS~

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had a flipper call this morning. Guy wanted me to come out with my magic "sniffer", and find the problem that he and his bio-mechanical engineer buddy, who has been helping him do all of the electrical work, couldn't. I took a pass.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grogan14 said:
I had a flipper call this morning. Guy wanted me to come out with my magic "sniffer", and find the problem that he and his bio-mechanical engineer buddy, who has been helping him do all of the electrical work, couldn't. I took a pass.
So you were smarter than i was

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
GCs will have their own guys wire the whole house, I had a d*ck like that who used to call me for the electrical service and a temporary power circuit and then let his clowns wire the house. These were his investment rental properties, he rents them upon fllipping them, he never installed a shed of insulation. Typical scumbag

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Lots of flippers will choke at your prices. You might get one or two to bite, maybe. They are cheap cheap CHEAP. They think that they are the only ones aloud to make any money.

One flipper called me out to "fix" some receptacles on a freshly done job. He said his electrician woulda done it but he had a doctor's apt....:rolleyes:...how unfortunate...:laughing:. Anyways, a quick look over showed they had obviously buried a box or two in the wall, so I gave him my hourly price and watched him turn red and start getting loud about how he does this and that, and he would NEVER pay anyone that kind of money.....I left him to deal with that mess.

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
Lots of flippers will choke...
One flipper called me out to "fix" some receptacles on a freshly done job. He said his electrician would... and he would NEVER pay anyone that kind of money.....I left him to deal with that mess.
NEVER PAY ANYONE...

I hope you got show up cash ? These bastards will Brain Pick You then have there Boy do the work .

Pete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts