Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
Typically, you have to cut the existing slab and extend the conduits.

It's done all the time. What is your question?

Pete

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah supposedly the HO had the GC cut the slab over to the locations. They are removing a wall to open up the floor plan in the house. I'm going to run some 1/2" PVC over to the locations. My question is what boxes to use. The ones I've used for floor plugs on new homes are the big gray pvc one's that are like 8 or 10" deep and like 6" diameter. so not sure what to put in existing concrete.

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
Yeah supposedly the HO had the GC cut the slab over to the locations. They are removing a wall to open up the floor plan in the house. I'm going to run some 1/2" PVC over to the locations. My question is what boxes to use. The ones I've used for floor plugs on new homes are the big gray pvc one's that are like 8 or 10" deep and like 6" diameter. so not sure what to put in existing concrete.
There are several options (google is your friend) but I think Carlon makes one that you can saw flush with the concrete when it is poured.

Pete

Reactions: robmac85

·
Registered
106 Posts
The carlon floor boxes are real nice. Just set the box, no need to worry about the finished height let it stick up a bit. Then when your ready to install the cover, after the finished floor is down, just cut the plastic box off flush with the floor with a sawzall. I like to use them whenever I can. I think these are the only carlon boxes I actually like!

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
The carlon floor boxes are real nice. Just set the box, no need to worry about the finished height let it stick up a bit. Then when your ready to install the cover, after the finished floor is down, just cut the plastic box off flush with the floor with a sawzall. I like to use them whenever I can. I think these are the only carlon boxes I actually like!
OMG! carlon gonna make nothin work right!:laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.