Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody has experience with Fluke 375? It's a true RMS meter and I am concerning about the reading responding time, especially when read the current from the clamp. I need some advice before I buy this clamp meter.

I am an electrician working in manufacture sector. Currently, I have 2 Ideal clamp meters, 61-701 and 61-774. Also I have a Fluke 1587, mainly for insulation testing.

Ideal 61-701 is a 200A clamp meter and is my daily carrying around meter, doing my 95% of job. the only thing I would complain about this meter is the resistance range, only 0-200 and 200k. I have used it for more than 10 years and I want to replace it with a meter which has cat 3 1000v/cat 4 600v rating.

I only use Ideal 61-774 (1000A)for DC current. I don't like this meter, it's a true RMS meter and the reading responding time is slow. Especially when I read the current from the clamp.

the reasons i choose Fluke 375 are
1. not too bulky,388g for the weight (ideal 701 is 330 g and 774 is 490g)
2. with DC current, so I don't need going back to the shop to pickup the 774.

But I am not sure how fast the reading of the Fluke 375 because it's a true RMS meter. I know it"s hard to make a line with fast and slow, it depends on personal experience.

I need your guys feed back. For me, fast reading weights more than true RMS.

thanks ahead

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can tell you my fluke 325 is way way faster than your ideal at reading current on the clamp. I would imagine the 375 is at least as fast if not faster.

·
Sideways Sparky
1,512 Posts
I have the 376, and it's quick. Slow reading meters are a pet peeve of mine. One of these days when I need stress relief I'm going to shoot my old UEI clamp meter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
because I have read a review with fluke 373,says "super slow for current" .

Since there is no negative review with fluke 375, I will go with it.

thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts