Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I have one at work and I don't use it because the batteries are always dead. I much prefer the 337.

I also have a 332 volt meter that has the detachable display we sent it back to Fluke and they fixed the battery drain problem and it does a good job now.

Before I bought any detachable display meter I would call
and ask about the battery drain problem.

Last year someone posted a the results of a conversation with Fluke abut the battery drain problem with detachable display meters but I cannot remember who that was . You may want to do a site search to see what they had to say. What I got out of was that they knew there would be a problem with the design but that was the best they could do at that time.

LC

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I have one. It's a great meter. The detachable screen makes troubleshooting alone much easier.

As far as the battery issue goes, yes, the screen is always using a small amount of battery power. The screen turns on when the main unit is switched on so it is constantly searching for a signal from the main unit even when switched off. If the batteries are left in the screen unit they will be dead in a week or so. I take one battery out of the screen when not in use. I feel it is a minor inconvenience to an otherwise great product. It would be nice if it wasn't an issue, but overall not that big a deal. Certainly not a deal breaker for me. Even knowing the battery issue I would still buy this meter again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.