Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused looking at the comparisons between the fluke 323, 324, and 325.

As far as I can tell, with the exception of the temperature probe, the 323 is superior to the other two, but less expensive? I don't understand why it would cost less.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I just did a side by side comparison on Fluke's website, and I would say you are correct. The 323 looks superior to the other 2. Why it's less expensive? I couldn't tell you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am pretty sure the fluke 325 is the fancier of the three...323 doesn't do DC current, no backlight, not quite as accurate, no capacitance or frequency measurement or temperature probes, no min/max. Just going by the spec sheet I see on the fluke site. Probably cheaper because it doesn't have as many features, not a bad meter though by any means!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am pretty sure the fluke 325 is the fancier of the three...323 doesn't do DC current, no backlight, not quite as accurate, no capacitance or frequency measurement or temperature probes, no min/max. Just going by the spec sheet I see on the fluke site. Probably cheaper because it doesn't have as many features, not a bad meter though by any means!
That's weird, because when you do a comparison on their page by selecting those models from the list of clamp meters and clicking compare, the 323 shows 999.9A for the DC current range. It also shows the backlight and hold features just like the others, as well as saying that the 323 can use their iFlex current probes, and up 750 MCM wire compared to 600 MCM for the other two. It also gives a frequency range for the 323, but not the 324.

Maybe I'll email just Fluke tomorrow and ask them... :001_huh:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
That's weird, because when you do a comparison on their page by selecting those models from the list of clamp meters and clicking compare, the 323 shows 999.9A for the DC current range. It also shows the backlight and hold features just like the others, as well as saying that the 323 can use their iFlex current probes, and up 750 MCM wire compared to 600 MCM for the other two. It also gives a frequency range for the 323, but not the 324.

Maybe I'll email just Fluke tomorrow and ask them... :001_huh:
That's what I did/saw also.

The sheet that EB Electric posted would make more sense though. Definitely some erroneous information somewhere.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The sheet EB showed is correct I own the 325 and got it specifically for the DC current feature the other two werent capable of.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sheet EB showed is correct I own the 325 and got it specifically for the DC current feature the other two werent capable of.
Awesome, and thanks for the information. I think I'll have to save $100 myself, because we don't do a lot of DC, and my boss has one that's capable of that. But the backlight, temperature, etc. for $30 seems worth it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts