Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36th year apprentice & Floor Sweeper
1,483 Posts
I ended up buying one and it was a piece of junk. Very very slow reading response times. If you don't have your finger on the back ground it gives crazy voltage readings. I verified with fluke, the only difference is the alligator clips that make it a pro.
Thanks for the update! 👍

·
Registered
117 Posts
hi if you gi into flukes web siteyou will find the info on the t61000pro therefluke.com.au
The info on their site is limited and lacking. It gives very basic specs but when you need to know details about any functions or anything useful for more than just a basic understanding then their information there falls short. Honestly they do a terrible job at marketing.

·
Registered
Electrician
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
hi there is some videos on you tubethat might be helpful
Why don't you enlighten us on the differences if you know them instead of pointing us to useless links? I also find it weird that you joined this forum and have only made 4 total posts in 11 days, All in this thread.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hi there is some videos on you tubethat might be helpful
@dropkick, you are clearly a very helpful guy so I have an important job for you. I need you to go fetch the wire stretchers and a bucket of steam, not a half filled bucket like the last guy brought me but an actual full bucket, try not to spill any, I’m going to need it all.

I will be in a meeting shortly so don’t bother me with any questions, and it’s important that I have this so don’t come back until you find a place that has this in stock. I don’t care how far you have to go to get this, just make it happen.

This is a job only you can do. I need you to do this now. I’m counting on you!

·
Registered
Electrician
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
hi the fluket61000pro uses a hard connectionto ground via thealligator clip to ensure asteady refence signal for fieldsence measurements
You can do that with the standard t61000 as well if you buy the alligator clip or you can just hold the lead to ground with no clip. I have verified this. Like I said the accessories are the only difference other than the PRO having PRO printed on the front. You stated the t61000pro is a new meter. Either way the meter is SLOW and for someone not familiar with how field sense works or has a poor ground reference it is dangerous. The meter will read all over the place with a poor ground reference. Anything from near nothing to double the actual voltage. Pure crap gimmick put out by Fluke. Keep in mind I have a bunch of Fluke stuff I like. This meter is crap.

hi this is a new meter with different featuresnit is not a t61000 model
. I can't find a difference other than the accessories and the PRO printed on the front.
hi this fluke t61000pro is a new meter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally:
No grounding pad, included (black only) crocodile clip
Visual Continuity
Included holster
Larger Fieldsense area (not widened jaws, just taller area at the bottom of the jaw)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally:
Visual Continuity
Included holster
Larger Fieldsense area (not widened jaws, just taller area at the bottom of the jaw)

hi i was told that flukes design team might be able to help you because they design the t61000 series testersiam still waiting for mine to arive in the post

·
Registered
Electrician
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Finally:
Visual Continuity
Included holster

hi i was told that flukes design team might be able to help you because they design the t61000 series testersiam still waiting for mine to arive in the post
So what I'm getting....... They removed the POS finger pad that can give dangerous/false readings (part of the 'sell' for the meter), threw in a little bling, and charge more for the PRO version. Got it.

How come the only people in favor of this POS meter have less than 5 posts and only have something to comment on this thread.

Don't get me wrong. I have some Fluke meters that work good and I like a lot. This meter is a POS gimmick. T5 is a way better meter. The readings are SLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW on the T6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi a friend of mine owns the fluke pro and told me it works fine on 415 ac voltsmotors switch gear exthe said its queit safe ok to use

·
Registered
Electrician
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
hi a friend of mine owns the fluke pro and told me it works fine on 415 ac voltsmotors switch gear exthe said its queit safe ok to use
Two things.....

1. So you have absolutely no first hand experience with either t6 meter?

2. How long have you worked at tech support for Fluke?

·
Hackenschmidt
11,664 Posts
Two things.....

3. How long has Fluke been hiring 14 year olds in Malaysia to shill on forums?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two things.....

hi ive worked in electrical industry for over 37 years i no people from fluke who i meet with a friend of mine from america i still own a t5 fluke which iam upgrading to a t6 soon

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
2,330 Posts
3. How long has Fluke been hiring 14 year olds in Malaysia to shill on forums?
My my, getting testy in your golden years. This isn’t nearly as annoying as the Klein Crusader shills. When I think of Crusader, I think of someone who forces me at swords edge to swear allegiance to Klein and renounce my Channellock and USA Southwire linesman pliers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi ive worked in america about 6 years ago with my mate barry who is industrial electrician but i couldnt get perment visa for the usa but good to see you use channelockl pliersbut is southwire pliers anygood

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
hi ive worked in america about 6 years ago with my mate barry who is industrial electrician but i couldnt get perment visa for the usa but good to see you use channelockl pliersbut is southwire pliers anygood
The USA line of Southwire is great, the Chinese line, kinda ick.

·
Registered
Industrial Mostly, Panels and drives
109 Posts
Why the hell would any aussie want to move to the states. I still kick myself some times for not taking permanent residency in Brisbane, a much better work life balance over there vs north America

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
hi i received my fluket61000 pro andcompared it to my kyoritsu clamp meter both read within specson power circuits the field sence works fine
Hi, I use a Simpson 260-8, a Sperry Snap-9, and Knopp K-60 in my day to day. I also periodically use a Knopp K-3 phase rotation meter and a hand crank Biddle Megger.

·
Registered
14,437 Posts
I got a T6 cause I wanted another fork meter so I'd have on in my pickup and one in my service truck. The one I have doesn't seem to have a lag problem. The fieldsense is a pretty handy feature, I just make sure its properly grounded if I want a voltage measurement otherwise just ignore the reading.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts