Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
8 months later I finally decided on what I wanted.

I'm very happy with it so far. With the back doors closed I have almost 11' of length down the middle to the cargo partition, so I'll be able to put my 20' extension ladder on the floor down the middle instead of needing a roof rack.

15,000 mile service intervals, 24 MPG turbo diesel.

I'm going to get (2) 4' wide by 65" tall shelves for the driver's side. On the passenger side I have a 5' wide shelf unit with 8 shelves in it for holding Euro-bins, it'll be like a big drawer unit to hold all my material.

The area between the front seats is completely empty so I was thinking about bolting down a large metal lockable box for things like meters or more expensive tools.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Doesn't look like you've really broke it in yet, I don't see any empty cigarette packs and bunched-up McD's bags on your dash. :jester:

Looks good man, how long you think its gonna take you to load up all your tools & materials?

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't look like you've really broke it in yet, I don't see any empty cigarette packs and bunched-up McD's bags on your dash. :jester:

Looks good man, how long you think its gonna take you to load up all your tools & materials?
Dude, I would have been done if it weren't for this damn weather :laughing:

Hopefully within a week I'll be able to get the shelves and load it all up.

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
I have to say, VERY nice.
Given my choice of anything, I think that exact truck would be it.
5 cyl diesel?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I already ordered them months ago.

I've found globalindustrial.com to be VERY good....The Euro-bins are cheaper than at NorthernTool, and the dividers are much cheaper too.
Interesting. I had planned on getting those exact bins from Northern Tool. I may check that web site out.
Dude, I would have been done if it weren't for this damn weather :laughing:

Hopefully within a week I'll be able to get the shelves and load it all up.
I hear ya. MAN, for living in an area that doesn't really see much snow, this weather sure has pissed the bed for everybody around here. I can only imagine how much worse everybody up north got it.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to say, VERY nice.
Given my choice of anything, I think that exact truck would be it.
5 cyl diesel?
They don't make the 5 cylinder anymore. They offer the older 6 cylinder and a new (to America) 4 cylinder that's been used in Europe for many years. They also paired the 4 cylinder with a 7 speed automatic tranny that people seem to rant and rave about how good it is. So that's what I bought.

The 6 cylinder gets about 18MPG while the 4 cylinder gets about 24MPG. You would think that means that the 4 cylinder is a dog, but the reviews love it. The 0-60 on the 4 cylinder is only 0.2 seconds less than the 6 cylinder and the quarter mile time for the 4 is 18.8 seconds and for the 6 is 18.7.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good man. I'm envious for sure. Did you buy or lease? Was financing a problem being a new company?
I bought it outright. I don't know if I would have been able to finance or lease it thru the company without co-signing personally.

I spoke to my accountant first and he said that it didn't matter how I bought it, he would take care of it and it would equal out the same as far as tax savings.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice, two Merc's in the driveway. :thumbup:
Not a driveway :laughing:

That's the parking lot where I am keeping the truck, it's about a mile from my home. The other Mercedes in the picture is an employee from the dealership there to take the salesman back. They offered to deliver my truck so I said sure!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.