Electrician Talk banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I guess you would like to ask us questions what the "norm" is about certain electrical issues?? :blink:
I don't actually know too much about that. I'm more of a root cause type of guy. If, for instance, your house burned down, I might be the guy that finds the penny in the fusebox, traces that circuit to the area where the fire started, and writes the report about it. That's never happened, so don't get too excited, but that's a pretty basic explanation of the type of thing I do every day.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
No. About 3 miles away, as the crow flies, on the other side of the cemetery. I don't know much about overseas work. Most to all of what I deal with happened here, and most or all of it was not an unintentional failure.
I work in the Pentagon. So if you're on the other side of the cemetary, I guess you work in the Navy Annex buildings?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I work in the Pentagon. So if you're on the other side of the cemetary, I guess you work in the Navy Annex buildings?
No. On the "other" other side of the cemetary. (like "your other right hand"). The navy annex row of buildings is still on the same side as the pentagon, unless there are more on the other side I don't know about. I'm on the Wilson Blvd side.

·
Registered
248 Posts
No. On the "other" other side of the cemetary. (like "your other right hand"). The navy annex row of buildings is still on the same side as the pentagon, unless there are more on the other side I don't know about. I'm on the Wilson Blvd side.
Well, if your on that other "other"side and Steelers on this other side, then you must be on the side thats on the other side :eek:

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
First.. welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Say a homeowner goes into Home Depot, buys some wire and a "How To' book and goes home to add a few outlets.

Months goes buy and the owner sells his house. The new owner starts using the new outlets and his house burns down.

You can tell from the yellow color of the NM that the work was very recently installed.

The new owner wants to sue the old owner for damages :eek:

From your experience, does new owner have a case??

·
Premium Member
20,984 Posts
Would a moderator please remove my account?
That won't be necessary. People are just bored and curious. Electricalperson is also young in the trade and eager to learn, which is likely why he's pressing. Anyhow, welcome to the site and chime in as you see fit. Or don't chime in as you see fit. Whatever makes the most sense to you. :laughing:

·
Mighty Rat
430 Posts
Dude, okay we get it. It's kinda like showing us a fuse and then having us guess... Oh wait, that was Ken.

Anyway, you sparked our interest and induced our curiosity about an electrifying field. Forgive our logic.

Welcome to the forum. Please return with frequency.

·
Master Electrician
2,684 Posts
only reason i ask is i want to learn WHY people get electrocuted. im interested in learning about weird problems in electrical wiring i may come across. even why codes are codes now. i read overcurrent and undercurrent by earl roberts and learned alot why GFCI codes are in the NEC now. they were added because people died.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi. Forensic Sparky here. I work for "a place" in Virginia that does forensic investigation work for "people". I am a forensic electrical engineer, and I'm involved in cases where serious injury, death, or major property loss is related to electrical failure.
Have you ever heard of dr Ben Hockenberry?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welccome to the zoo, I mean forum, FS! (got a better name?)

No, at 3 miles from the cemetary, he'd be more like near Langley or N. Falls Church, perhaps near Chain Bridge. (How'd I do, FS?)

One of my best friends is an EE who does professional witness work, and I've worked with him on a few cases, both in field work and in discussions. Very interesting stuff.

My practical experience has helped him with the physical world of hardware and hands-on electrical theory. He knows the math, but "dynamic analysis" experience helps, too.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
He said Wilson Blvd. The other side of the cemetary is Ft Meyer, Rosyln, etc.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:no:What was this all about. Some people take themselves way to serious.I mean face it you come out with something most dream about. Being the Colombo of electricity and can't take a little heat? If a guy posted something like he found a burnt hand in a pull box he would kinda be asking for it. Lighten up. And which side of the other side are you really on.:laughing:

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
First.. welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Say a homeowner goes into Home Depot, buys some wire and a "How To' book and goes home to add a few outlets.

Months goes buy and the owner sells his house. The new owner starts using the new outlets and his house burns down.

You can tell from the yellow color of the NM that the work was very recently installed.

The new owner wants to sue the old owner for damages :eek:

From your experience, does new owner have a case??
Anyone here like to take a stab at this.. even if your not a MR MONK of electrical work :laughing:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts