Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few customers asking me to carry Form 7 conduit bodies, are they that different than the Form 5 I've been selling for years? Aside from the snap on covers are they used in the same application?

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
Form 7:

PRODUCT DETAILS
RESOURCES
CERTIFICATIONS
Shapes C; E; L; LB; LL; LR; T; TA; TB; U; X
Trade Sizes 1/2" to 4"
Materials Feraloy® iron or aluminum
Cover Styles Wedgenut or SNAPTIGHT™; with or without integral gasket
Gaskets Integral gasket on cover or solid neoprene
FEATURES

Form 7 Condulet outlet bodies approach conduit in size for neat, compact installations
Many shapes and sizes are available for rigid threaded conduit
Form 7 has exclusive SNAPTIGHT™ and wedgenut cover attachment to provide clear, unobstructed cover opening
Conduit hubs have tapered threads and feature integral bushings for protection of wire insulation
Wedgenut cover design facilitates installation and removal. Nuts are held captive in cover. Covers can be used with or without gaskets.
SNAPTIGHT™ Form 7 Covers with integral sealing gaskets are installed without the use of screws, reducing installation time and costs. Covers are reusable.
Form 5:

PRODUCT DETAILS
RESOURCES
CERTIFICATIONS
Shapes C; LB; LL; LR; T; TB; X
Trade Sizes 1/2" to 4"
Material Malleable iron
Cover Styles Sheet steel, with or without integral gasket
Gaskets Integral gasket on cover or neoprene with perforation
FEATURES

Interchangeable with Appleton Form 35 Conduit Bodies
Built–in rollers on 1 1/4" to 4" C and LB bodies to facilitate wire pulling
Smooth and rounded integral bushings for protection of wire insulation
Solid neoprene gaskets may be converted to open type by pulling out perforated center section
Stainless steel cover screws
Integral gasket sheet steel covers feature a raised dome supplied with nylon washers and gasket for simplifying installation, reducing inventory and labor costs; these covers are UL and cUL Listed and are NEMA 4 rated

·
Sparks fly from my finger
2,530 Posts
The best thing about form 7 is that no mater what the cover will come off and you will be able to put one back on. That is the biggest advantage of them.

The ones with rolers are nice but if you put the body in right they aren't needed as much.

At leased they don't want killark bodies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.