Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've been lurking around the ECN forum since 2005, they are all Resi's over there, So I decided to Come on over and Join you guys on Electrician Talk.
So far this forum seems like a much better fit for my line of work.
I'm an Industrial Electrician in Iowa, I've been working for the same electrical contractor for 14 years now. I install and terminate 15kv, and Optical fiber. Mainly I Install and troubleshoot 3 phase motors and controls, and now am starting to get proficient at programming Rockwell PLC's
I also Enjoy a refreshing Cold Beer now and then :thumbsup:

Happy New Years
Justin

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hi
I've been lurking around the ECN forum since 2005, they are all Resi's over there, So I decided to Come on over and Join you guys on Electrician Talk.
I'm an Industrial Electrician in Iowa, I've been working for the same electrical contractor for 14 years now. I install and terminate 15kv, and Optical fiber. Mainly I Install and troubleshoot 3 phase motors and controls, and now am starting to get proficient at programming Rockwell PLC's

Happy New Years
Justin
Welcome aboard..:thumbup:

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,332 Posts
It's nice to have you. We only really have two electricians here and one super duper air conditioning tech. They are as follows: PipeRunner, RobRoy, and the third one slips me right now, but he is from Texas and gets drunk.

Everybody else is not a real electrician....

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Hi

Happy New Years
Justin
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris 1971, We are defiantly on the same page as far as what is going on in the white house. But because of him, and having teenagers in the house I am now awake and aware of things i used to ignore and take for granted.

Backstay you'd better Stay Back, :thumbup: I'm pretty tough from years of crawling around on pipe racks, hand threading, and pulling 500's :laughing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I also Enjoy a refreshing Cold Beer now and then 👍

Happy New Years
Justin
I just have a simple question, but not sure how or where to post it. This is the scenario with the question: I have a ipod charging cable that at the very end of it (where it plugs into the ipod), about 1/8 " of the wire insulation is missing & I feel the connection is very loose. To secure the connection, I was thinking of putting a butt end over where the insulation is missing, but I couldn't get the butt end over the metal connector to slide it onto the wire. So then I thot about heat shrink. but wouldn't heat shrink melt the insulation? That's my question. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
Florida, USA
8,585 Posts
I just have a simple question, but not sure how or where to post it. This is the scenario with the question: I have a ipod charging cable that at the very end of it (where it plugs into the ipod), about 1/8 " of the wire insulation is missing & I feel the connection is very loose. To secure the connection, I was thinking of putting a butt end over where the insulation is missing, but I couldn't get the butt end over the metal connector to slide it onto the wire. So then I thot about heat shrink. but wouldn't heat shrink melt the insulation? That's my question. Thank you
This is a professional electrician's forum. You can post your inquiry on our sister site at www.DIYChatroom.com where we have an Electrical section and plenty of pros to assist, but not here. Thanks and have a good day. This thread is closed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.