Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year we had to take vermiculite insulation out of the attics of two houses. Decided it was the right time to upgrade the electrical systems in both houses.

We found this in one of the attics:

The guys cut it out and framed it. The sad part is the line they tied into came out of a j-box about 14-inches from their splice.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
I love it.

I've always wanted to assemble and display a collection of awesomeness like this but never stuck with it. There are a few gems still kicking around in the warehouse but we have tossed away hundreds.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
When I moved into my house( old farmhouse built in 1922) I had something that resembled that. Plugged my water bead into it unknowingly. Woke up freezing my butt off twice, so I went into the attic. It would heat the wires up and lose continuity. Got some blue wire nuts and threw in some open splices till I could afford to fix it right. Lucky I caught it. Whole house is rewired and fixed up now. Got pictures to look back to now for old times. With the old windows and doors. It would have blown candles out on a windy day. Memories...:laughing:

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Last year we had to take vermiculite insulation out of the attics of two houses. Decided it was the right time to upgrade the electrical systems in both houses.

We found this in one of the attics:

The guys cut it out and framed it. The sad part is the line they tied into came out of a j-box about 14-inches from their splice.
He should have quoted it as "exhibit A"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later