Electrician Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
My understanding is Canadian FPE was different than American FPE in the 70s?
Yes, they say Federal Pioneer on them and are grey

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
I think it was more because the company was going out of business before UV Industries and then Sharon Steel bought them, neither of those companies knew anything about breakers or UL testing so it was a big mess. Someone during those transactions dropped the ball, I always imagined the EE's in charge of the UL program were laid off at some point.

Ok. Is it true that FPE made a system of levers and magnets to cheat testing? At least thats what I heard on MH.:whistling2:

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
I think it was more because the company was going out of business before UV Industries and then Sharon Steel bought them, neither of those companies knew anything about breakers or UL testing so it was a big mess. Someone during those transactions dropped the ball, I always imagined the EE's in charge of the UL program were laid off at some point.

Ok. Is it true that FPE made a system of levers and magnets to cheat testing? At least thats what I heard on MH.
Much like the Eaton video of the nerd sliding the lever that trips the AFCI breaker. Try that at home with an actual arc and see hor far the results differ.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Ok. Is it true that FPE made a system of levers and magnets to cheat testing? At least thats what I heard on MH.:whistling2:
LOL, that's a new one, I have no idea.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts