Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Central Jersey. I am an electrician of several years.

I work for a big contractor doing mostly commercial work. I just finished my second year in trade school in Flemington.

Recently, the company has had me start running jobs, so for the past few months I'm in a whole new realm. I thoroughly enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
This is NJ, you can be both. XD

Still haven't figured out the emoticons on the mobile version, so XD is all I got.

Some days I am a 30 year apprentice.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hello from Central Jersey. I am an electrician of several years.

I work for a big contractor doing mostly commercial work. I just finished my second year in trade school in Flemington.

Recently, the company has had me start running jobs, so for the past few months I'm in a whole new realm. I thoroughly enjoy it.
Welcome aboard....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am non union. My experience has been that those official titles get blurred with actual roles at the jobsites.

I am technically an apprentice, at about 4.5 years of experience.

But I'm running jobs. One of our project managers referred to me as the foreman of the job today. I don't have a Journeyman card, nor am I going for it. As soon as I can, I'm going for the master's license.

·
Ahead of the class
71 Posts
You go to hunterdon polytech? That's where I went. Lloyd is by far the best teacher you will come across beside yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do go to Hunterdon Polytech. Next year I have Lloyd. I am excited.

Yeah I understand about being a young foreman. But the jobs I am running are all small, easy jobs. They have more experienced guys running the bigger jobs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts