Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full-time, in-house Master Electrician needed to expand our Power Facility and Data Center! Serve as the subject Matter Expert for all electrical and electronics needs.

You will serve as the licensed electrician on-site and:

• Obtain permits, perform electrical work as required and perform the full range of technical aspects of electrical work.
  • Develop plans and estimates for electrical projects including determine time, equipment and resources
  • Regularly inspect and evaluate electrical and electronic equipment
  • Study blueprints and schematics and determine methods, materials, and equipment needed
  • Test installations

Must have strong knowledge of:

• Electrical codes
  • Standard methods, materials, tools, and equipment of the electrical trade
  • Controls, switches, starters, transformers, motors and panel boards
  • Diagnosing electrical-related issues

Work may be performed from ladders or hydraulic lifts in high voltage areas.

Special Requirement:

Possession of a master electrician's license issued by the State of Michigan

Data Center experience a HUGE BONUS!

·
Small Potatoes
5,456 Posts
This entire employment ad is all about what they need and want. It mentions the duties that will be required to be performed and a list of qualifications the applicant must have, but not one single word about compensation or benefits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your feedback - we are negotiable on compensation and offer benefits including Medical/Dental/Optical, Paid Time Off, Holidays, company-provided Life insurance, guaranteed Life Insurance up to $150,000 and other elected benefits. We are growing FAST (understatement). My sincerest apologies for not initially including that!!

·
Super Moderator
7,517 Posts
Well it's a nice time of year for Michigan. Very nice up there this time of year (so I hear).

Good luck filling that job, and I mean that sincerely.

·
Small Potatoes
5,456 Posts
Thank you for your feedback - we are negotiable on compensation and offer benefits including Medical/Dental/Optical, Paid Time Off, Holidays, company-provided Life insurance, guaranteed Life Insurance up to $150,000 and other elected benefits. We are growing FAST (understatement). My sincerest apologies for not initially including that!!
Everything is negotiable. You still haven't offered any information that would would help you attract "A players" to apply to your organization with the kind of qualifications and job duties your looking for. This isn't 1929. The economy is doing pretty good and there are plenty of jobs out there.

A $150,000 life insurance policy? Your kidding, right? A 45 year old in good health can buy a 150k in term life for about $8 a month.

You need to post a range of pay in the 80k to 100k+ range to attract anyone with the qualifications you want.
Are there bonuses, incentives or profit sharing?
Is it fully paid medical, dental and optical?
Is there a 401K or some other kind of retirement plan offered? What is the company contribution/match to the plan?
How many holiday's?
How many sick and personal days?
How many weeks vacation?
Are there quarterly and annual reviews and yearly raises?
Is there on going training and support?
Are uniform and work boots offered?
Is there a tool program?
Company picnics?
Gym memberships?
Open door policy?
Is there a team spirited and family culture?

Don't cheap out, it'll cost you more in the long run.

Suggested reading:

"Who" by Geoff Smart
"Top Grading" by Bradford D. Smart PhD

·
Hackenschmidt
12,011 Posts
I'd want a lot of extra money to tolerate people calling me a subject matter expert.

Reactions: John Valdes

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
2,569 Posts
I'd want a lot of extra money to tolerate people calling me a subject matter expert.
Sounds like a place that has 26 hours of work to do every day, and when you get seriously behind or break, wad you up and toss you.

·
Super Moderator
7,517 Posts
I don't see it that way guys. I see it has they are a bunch of nerds telling you that if you take this position you are at liberty to do as you see fit. When they need to add 50 more servers you get to set things up your way without some bureaucrat telling you it has to be such and such. If you need 3 journeymen, tell them to budget for it and you get to pick your crew.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts