Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a lady call and my wife answered the phone and my wife is just sitting there listening and kinda grinning, finally she says, I'll let you talk to my husband. My wife hands me the phone laughing. I pick up and the lady says to me, I want to swap my electrical over to your electric company. I said, ok we can take care your electrical need, what are you needed done? She said, what are your monthly rates? I said, well I've never quoted a monthly rate, do you have some property you want to sign a service contract with me and I can take of it for a monthly fee? She said, I just have my house. At this time I thinking does she have a huge house and lots of property she wants me to take care of for a monthly fee or what. Finally she said, I'm sick of the Poco I'm with now they charge to much for their electricity and I want to swap to you. Then it hit me! I told her, ma'am I'm not a power provider, I'm an electrical contractor. She said, I know I've already called my poco to come disconnect my power and I'm gonna go with you. So can you come hook me up in a few days, the poco is going to be here tomorrow to disconnect me and you can hook me to yours. At this time it's all I can do to keep from busting out laughing. I said ma'am you need to call and cancel the disconnect because they are going to charge for a reconnect fee when they come to hook you back up. She said, you don't understand, I don't want to use them anymore. I said, you don't have a choice because that is the only power provider in your area and you have to use them if you want electricity. She got kinda mad at me and said, well I can tell you don't want to help me and I don't see how you stay in business if you won't let me swap to you. I finally gave up. I said ma'am whatever you do call your poco and cancel the disconnect work order, I explained again if you have it disconnected and your meter loop is not up to code you are going to have to get it rebuilt and brought up to code and have it inspected and be without power for a day or 2 before they will hook back up to it and that's gonna cost quite a bit to do that. She finally said, well I'll just call somebody else because your no help. I said, thank you for calling and when you need you meter loop rebuilt just give me a call back and I can do that for you. A few days later she called back and said, they told me I couldn't use anybody else and so I'm going to stay with them. I'm thinking, that's the excact samething I tried to tell you. She said thank you for your time and if I ever decide to swap I'll call you back. I'm thinking pleae don't call me if you decide to swap.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Classic! I've had people call me thinking I was a poco too.... But it never got that far! That's great! Save her number and please record future conversations.

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably shouldn't post on here the name I gave her. Funny you say that I have several names assigned to numbers in my phone I probably shouldn't post on here. Legacyelectric, your not far from me being in LA, we can go in partners on that coal plant and I'll let you be the money man. Just send me a blank signed check and I'll get started on it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
heath124 said:
I probably shouldn't post on here the name I gave her. Funny you say that I have several names assigned to numbers in my phone I probably shouldn't post on here. Legacyelectric, your not far from me being in LA, we can go in partners on that coal plant and I'll let you be the money man. Just send me a blank signed check and I'll get started on it.
That's cool, but I think you're gonna need more than two bags of kingsford. That would be about the extent of purchasing power off of one of my checks. Ha!

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Good for you for not taking advantage of that situation. Some would have taken it as an opportunity to seek a $6,450 service change. :whistling2:

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I probably could've sold her anything I wanted to. She wasn't very bright. I should have told her I would swap it over to mine and just send me a check once a month. But I have to sleep at night I couldn't do that to somebody.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.