Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been reading posts for a few weeks now and wanted to get in on all this experienced backed advice!

I'm an apprentice with the local 1579 and looking for advice on what classes would be beneficial for one wishing to be a Contractor eventually after finish my 8k hours and 5 years of school through the union.

Should I go for a diploma? Degree? Or just a few classes here and there?
First of many thanks for all insight.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hey everyone, been reading posts for a few weeks now and wanted to get in on all this experienced backed advice!

I'm an apprentice with the local 1579 and looking for advice on what classes would be beneficial for one wishing to be a Contractor eventually after finish my 8k hours and 5 years of school through the union.

Should I go for a diploma? Degree? Or just a few classes here and there?
First of many thanks for all insight.
Take a class on business law and business accounting..Welcome to the forum.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before I got into tge apprenticeship I was at a loss on what I wanted to do as far as a career. I got hired on to a union shop doing new construction on a church. Ever since then (laid off now) I've been sure electrical is what I want to do and I'd like to go all in.

I've read a few posts from I'm assuming successful EC's on here and they have their expenses and prices down to a science. I'd like to be there eventually and if some accounting classes or marketing classes can lay the foundation to get there count me in. Tandem or after my 5 apprentice school years.

Sorry for the short story by the way. Young and impressionable I reckon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts