Electrician Talk banner

Fuse as main

1252 5
Hi,
Question,
in order to save money,

how about if I install a 600A service equip. with 600A class-T @ 100K AIC fuses as main and all down-stream breakers @ 10000A , still series rated all from same manuf.

would this be cost saving instead of installing 65K AIC cir. breaker as main and series rating to down -stream in-reference to available short... of 42000A given by the local utility company. ?????

tanx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,730 Posts
Hi,
Question,
in order to save money,

how about if I install a 600A service equip. with 600A class-T @ 100K AIC fuses as main and all down-stream breakers @ 10000A , still series rated all from same manuf.

would this be cost saving instead of installing 65K AIC cir. breaker as main and series rating to down -stream in-reference to available short... of 42000A given by the local utility company. ?????

tanx
Yes you can use a fused disconnect.

·
Retired Account
39,616 Posts
Fuses take more of a punch for less $$$ Tamas.

But not all fuses are created equal, so some research may be prudent

for instance, the RK5's come with a rejection piece that can be installed to prevent lesser AIC fuses into a disco

~CS~

·
Registered
20,120 Posts
Hi,
Question,
in order to save money,

tanx
Its done all of the time. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.