Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all!

This is my first post in this community. And I apologize if I involuntarily break his rules.

I am a developer of an online service that makes it easy to create stickers for electrical panels. Examples of the results of the service are posted below

I have a question for the community, but how do you now solve the problem of marking your electrical panels? Perhaps you use word and excel, or write with a simple marker directly on the shield panel?

I do not know if it is possible to place a link to the service, so if you are interested, write to me and I will give a link. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, John

Sorry, if described problem cannot be obsessed on this forum.

In Russia any switchboard panels look like this:

And I just wanted to know if such a problem exists in other countries ))

Thank You for answer.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hi, John

Sorry, if described problem cannot be obsessed on this forum.

In Russia any switchboard panels look like this:

And I just wanted to know if such a problem exists in other countries ))

Thank You for answer.
It sounds like you are solution looking for a problem. That panel board looks fine. Everything appears to be clearly labeled. Where is the problem?

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,918 Posts
My label maker I use for everyday work will do what you show but not in color.
Mine will do:
1/8" to 1" labels.
1/16" - 1/2" shrink tubing
Over wrap cable labels
Terminal strip layout and print
Data center switch labels
and much more.

Cost was less than $200, battery and AC, Bluetooth or cable.

Cowboy

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
2,021 Posts
I believe the OP was showing picture labels at first. There are many people who cannot speak English so more and more pictures are showing up. I once gave an electrical violation for the panel not being marked. When I went back the panel was marked but in a foreign language.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My label maker I use for everyday work will do what you show but not in color.
Mine will do:
1/8" to 1" labels.
1/16" - 1/2" shrink tubing
Over wrap cable labels
Terminal strip layout and print
Data center switch labels
and much more.

Cost was less than $200, battery and AC, Bluetooth or cable.

Cowboy
It is very expensive, while you can make a free layout and print it on a simple printer on self-adhesive paper and stick it on.

·
Hackenschmidt
12,636 Posts
@SergeLaz -

How are you going to make money with this if it's free? Are you going to sell advertisements?

Will people using this service have to install an app, and will the app want permissions?

Will users have to create an account?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How are you going to make money with this if it's free? Are you going to sell advertisements?

Will people using this service have to install an app, and will the app want permissions?

Will users have to create an account?
no ad and no apps, just web service.

money makes by additional services by subscriptions

in Russia we have excellent reviews from 40k electricians who use the service

and I just have to know whether such a service would be interesting in other countries

·
Registered
I am 100 % retired now. Enjoying life :)
2,214 Posts
I think these stickers are nice. IMO they would work good for a residential installation.
For commercial and industrial applications it's more important to include equipment locations than to just describe what the circuit feeds. A well planed facility would have grid locations and that aids in finding the equipment.
Example: Receptacle located at 2/G5/86 (2=2nd floor G5=fifth column or 250 ft East 86= 2,150 ft North)
If there is no grid on a print then at least give a decent description like Calibration Lab West wall..... I sucks when people label breakers like this "receptacle at John's desk" and John retired 10 years ago and there are thousands of desks in the building.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think these stickers are nice. IMO they would work good for a residential installation.
For commercial and industrial applications it's more important to include equipment locations than to just describe what the circuit feeds. A well planed facility would have grid locations and that aids in finding the equipment.
Example: Receptacle located at 2/G5/86 (2=2nd floor G5=fifth column or 250 ft East 86= 2,150 ft North)
If there is no grid on a print then at least give a decent description like Calibration Lab West wall..... I sucks when people label breakers like this "receptacle at John's desk" and John retired 10 years ago and there are thousands of desks in the building.
Yes, can be done as you want

1 - 20 of 40 Posts