Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a gc want me to install the overhead service and main panel before the brick. He said the bricklayer could just brick behind the meter and conduit.

This same one expects me to start before the stairs and interior walls are installed. He also puts the freaking compressor inside the building when hes working outside or inside.

Anyone want to hire a disgruntled barely competent know it all electrician?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had the same problem with the builder i was working with. They didnt know how to tell the homeowner no or that extras and changes add to the length of tbe job so they told me i just needed to hire more guys and work longer days so they could stay on schedule. The homeowners would come in daily and say why isnt it do e whats taking so long and in the same breath tell me to move this or add that.

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Do you know what GC stands for

General Clown

·
Registered
15,871 Posts
I have set many meter bases before brick. It can work out nicely because it hides the conduit coming in the bottom. But be warned. If its a 3r meter base and you are reecessing it, you are covering the drain holes. You will need an axillary drain hose attached.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
sparky402 said:
I had the same problem with the builder i was working with. They didnt know how to tell the homeowner no or that extras and changes add to the length of tbe job so they told me i just needed to hire more guys and work longer days so they could stay on schedule. The homeowners would come in daily and say why isnt it do e whats taking so long and in the same breath tell me to move this or add that.
Extras should be quoted with OT to stay on schedule and straight time that adds time to the schedule.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Bkessler said:
Extras should be quoted with OT to stay on schedule and straight time that adds time to the schedule.
Ive told them that over and over and their response always was if you get more help then it wont take as long

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I have set many meter bases before brick. It can work out nicely because it hides the conduit coming in the bottom. But be warned. If its a 3r meter base and you are reecessing it, you are covering the drain holes. You will need an axillary drain hose attached.
Won't the mortar eat the can?

~CS~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts