Electrician Talk banner

12081 - 12100 of 12130 Posts

·
Premium Member
Pres., GPS Timers
6,165 Posts
This is in Russia. A buddy of mine is an industrial maintenance guy at a heavy machinery manufacturing plant. This is an underground vault. Supposedly the guy doing the drilling was looking at the wrong blueprint of the facility's grounds.
Wrong floor!

·
Electrical Contractor
Owner
4,235 Posts
My son sent me this from the shop he works at. Electrician is changing out the service and apparently this is the how he got the pvc to line up :vs_unimpressed:

Attachments

·
Registered
Working With the Tools
540 Posts
From another site, it was a panel relocation done under a home owners permit by an unlicensed contractor. The inspector asked for the drywall to be removed and guess what he found.

View attachment 151421

Tim.
What a disaster! I bet the majority of the guys on ET can relate to this. I recently found a ton of open splices in one clump in the attic of a brand new condo.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I only know of one time that the inspector asked to open up a wall. They do have the authority to ask but rarely do.
I bet in this case, someone may have suggested that he look behind the wall?

Tim.

·
Registered
Working With the Tools
540 Posts
How often does that happen? Never heard of an inspector asking for drywall removal.
I did know of one inspector years ago who was so fed up with a horrible "hack Work" electrician that he would question everything. The inspector would come to the counter of my favorite SH and tell us stories about the guy's shoddy work. One of the classics was catching the guy cutting his ground rods in half. Another... stealing nails from the carpenters and using them as Romex staples. Another, was using no staples at all in crawl spaces... he just strung the Romex across the ground! The list went on and on. :LOL:

·
Electrical Contractor
Owner
4,235 Posts
How often does that happen? Never heard of an inspector asking for drywall removal.
Had a job where there were no building, electrical or plumbing/mechanical permits.
We went in to add some data (with permit) and when the owner went for his occupancy permit and the **** hit the fan.
They had to open the walls to show the framing and new wiring. Made them scope the underslab drainage.

Reactions: micromind
12081 - 12100 of 12130 Posts