Electrician Talk banner

12221 - 12240 of 12275 Posts

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,334 Posts
This is wrong... code requires a uv resistant zippertie.
My ass got called on that once... UV rated zip ties on a LV outdoor cable.

Had to present all the paperwork for the zip ties and the cable.

Like... in this area dude is gonna move in a year or two and the next cat will demo and rebuild everything.

SMH

·
Registered
138 Posts
My ass got called on that once... UV rated zip ties on a LV outdoor cable.

Had to present all the paperwork for the zip ties and the cable.

Like... in this area dude is gonna move in a year or two and the next cat will demo and rebuild everything.

SMH
Look, you tried to put one over on Ol' Barney Fife and he caught you. Now you're over here syh?

Smh...

·
electrorick
280 Posts
. At first look I thought it resembled a tombstone!

shoulda used an extension cord

·
electrorick
280 Posts
If you're not grounded, nothing will happen.

If you are grounded, it'll depend on the impedance between the source and the knob.

If you're solidly grounded and the impedance is low.......trouble........

it's probably in a store bathroom nobody ever leaves the bathroom with damp hands !
gives a new dimension to being "buzzed in"

Reactions: micromind

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you're not grounded, nothing will happen.

If you are grounded, it'll depend on the impedance between the source and the knob.

If you're solidly grounded and the impedance is low.......trouble.........
Ah, so... I wonder what happened...

I remember clearly what happened to me a long time ago when 24dc snuck into my right index and thumb, wound its way through my chest like Taz, then slammed the door on its way out through my left hand fingers. All in less time than i needed to realize what was happening.

I hope this fellow was safe in the end.

·
Just trying to get home
Site Engineer
2,283 Posts
Ah, so... I wonder what happened...

I remember clearly what happened to me a long time ago when 24dc snuck into my right index and thumb, wound its way through my chest like Taz, then slammed the door on its way out through my left hand fingers. All in less time than i needed to realize what was happening.

I hope this fellow was safe in the end.
I was playing with a 2,000V flyback in a Tesla project about 18 years ago. The case was supposed to be ungrounded (through later, careful analysis) but I had it setting on the cement floor of my garage on a hot humid Virginia afternoon. Up my left arm and down my left leg. I‘m much more careful and haven’t been shocked since.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's nasty. I wonder what any other electrical down there looks like?

Tim

12221 - 12240 of 12275 Posts