Electrician Talk banner

12261 - 12275 of 12275 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
1,272 Posts
Got a call today. The company previously doing work got kicked off the job. This is the electrical coming from the under ground electrical room for the pool light and some landscape lighting. If you look in the pool the two conduits that connect to 1.5" WHITE pvc sweeps are for the low voltage pool lights. This is all getting torn out and redone. The one conduit has way more than 360* to the point of connection in the equipment room. The other is above pool deck level, lol.

The landscape conduit is pretty awesome too, They even spray painted the water 90's to match.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This is from today as well. This is a brand new condo development. Does anyone plan out where they are stubbing conduits. I can't imagine doing this on a new job (or old job).
View attachment 153077
View attachment 153078
They could have fudged their lack of following the 7 P's by using a gutter on top & bottom of the panels.

The 7 P's

Proper

Prior

Planning

P
revents

P*ss

Poor

Performance

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is from today as well. This is a brand new condo development. Does anyone plan out where they are stubbing conduits. I can't imagine doing this on a new job (or old job).
View attachment 153077
View attachment 153078
And that is what the lowest bidder gets you. Can only imagine the condition of the rest of the project.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Petulant Moderator
Estwing magic
24,855 Posts
Sometimes things get messy but there is almost always a way to make it better. I don’t know how many times I have said to myself, “I’ll make it look like I planned it that way”.

If you start making a mess and and it finishes up being a total mess, your not much of a tradesman.

·
Registered
Electrician
1,272 Posts
And that is what the lowest bidder gets you. Can only imagine the condition of the rest of the project.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Yep, everywhere I look. I know sometimes I go overboard on trying to make things look good but on new construction for multi million dollar buildings you would think the workmanship would be a lot better than this. lol

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
View attachment 153077
View attachment 153078
Likely no coordination, outdated prints, contractors not following spec, poor scheduling, poorly skilled, etc. Gitrdone!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No mentorship can be to blame also. Throw an apprentice in there and yes it works but looks like sh!t.

Tim

Reactions: Max C.

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,537 Posts
Brand new install turnover, clean and tidy and do you think UPS is big enough till generator starts.

No way
Cowboy

Reactions: micromind

·
Premium Member
Working With the Tools
826 Posts
“But it worked for so many years! How could this be the problem?”
You wouldn't believe how many times I have heard clients say that about FPE and Zinsco panels. I warned one lady that her Zinsco panel was eventually going to cause her problems only to have her say, "Well, it has worked fine for all these years." She called me a year later... screaming for help.

12261 - 12275 of 12275 Posts