Electrician Talk banner
12,881 - 12,900 of 14,148 Posts
I wonder if that's the generator inlet and the H-O-A is the transfer switch.
I've done something similar in a garage/workshop. The outlet was used occasionally/temporarily for a heater or welder and running a new circuit wasn't feasible at the time. The switch is there so the circuit doesn't overload if the welder is in use at the same time as the thermostat calls for heat.

I've done something similar in a garage/workshop. The outlet was used occasionally/temporarily for a heater or welder and running a new circuit wasn't feasible at the time. The switch is there so the circuit doesn't overload if the welder is in use at the same time as the thermostat calls for heat.
I’m sure that’s what they did because they only had a 10/3 uf cable feeding this building. When they ran water to it they ran a 10/2 uf cable to power an air compressor, water heater, baseboard heater and that dryer plug. The place is big enough for a 100 amp service which is what I’ll be doing in the next month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same house.

Homeowner post......

Hello. I wired up this heater a while ago and every time I turn the thermostat up, the breaker trips and I get no heat. Can one of the experts here tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

G. Pyle

Homeowner post......

Hello. I wired up this heater a while ago and every time I turn the thermostat up, the breaker trips and I get no heat. Can one of the experts here tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

G. Pyle
Lol. This guy did that but instead of calling an electrician he sold the house and the new homeowner has to repair everything he messed up, which is a lot! I think they said he is an engineer btw.

Got a call yesterday for voltage doing weird things. 400A 120/208V service. Installation about 5 years old.
Motor vehicle Plumbing valve Electrical wiring Gas Auto part

12,881 - 12,900 of 14,148 Posts