Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bidding to install a generator and ATS already purchased by the homeowner. He has a 200a panel. The big loads in this panel are a 100a sub panel supplying a swimming pool, a 50a garage heater, a 50a hot tub, and a 30a clothes dryer. The A/C is a 30a heat pump.
The swimming pool panel supplies 60a heat pump, 20a pool pump and several 20a circuits for the outside kitchen and landscape lighting. I plan to use the load shedding PMM's to shed the hot tub, heater,dryer and sub panel. Not sure how to shed the A/c since it is a heat pump. I guess the provided A/C terminals are not for us with a heat pump. This is my first generator and the more I read the more confused I get. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since the PMM's are rated for 50 amps only I am using one of the to operate a 100a 2P definite use contactor with a 120 v coil.

·
Can't Remember
10,450 Posts
You can flat out drop things that you wouldn't ever need with contactors through an accessory switch kit that bolts to the side of the transfer switch. The pool stuff is a candidate for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts