Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with my Rudd Heat Pump. When we are running from utility power my hp runs fine when we switch over to gen power we wait for the time delay on the hp it will start for 3 sec then stop and go back out on delay again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20kw

The HP is 1.5 ton with LRA 45 this is a whole house 200 amp transfer switch. I have just a few lights on in my house and the refrigerator running. When the HP tries to start it seems the generator lags to much and kills my 24 volts to my unit which then goes back out on delay again before it start again.

·
Can't Remember
11,077 Posts
What I suggest is this, get together with your heating technician to see whether you can lock out the heat pump and whether you can use what I am assuming is the second stage, the gas in the airhandler to carry the heating. We did something like this, the airhandler would call for heat and the heat pump portion wasn't on the generator, so it would call for second stage heat and the gas furnace portion would come on and take care of the heating. What I am guessing is this won't carry your cooling either. Note that the use of natural gas as a fuel source for your generator drops its output to 18kw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.