Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 phase Generac RTSN200G3 transfer switch. Incoming voltage is 120/208 with the B phase being a high leg 208v to ground. Question is witch leg do i hook that up to in the Transfer switch. I am not concerned about phase rotation on this job. I am worried that it may blow up the controls in the switch. N1 and N2 look like they monitor utility voltage at 120v.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
I have a 3 phase Generac RTSN200G3 transfer switch. Incoming voltage is 120/208 with the B phase being a high leg 208v to ground. Question is witch leg do i hook that up to in the Transfer switch. I am not concerned about phase rotation on this job. I am worried that it may blow up the controls in the switch. N1 and N2 look like they monitor utility voltage at 120v.
Either find a drawing, or I suppose you tried following the control wires to the terminal taps to which phases they are using. I can see on the single phase ATS by just looking at the connections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No you don't. :rolleyes:
Correct a 240v transfer switch would not work. It would see the incoming voltage of 208v from the street and give an under voltage alarm. I have a (High Leg) B phase is 208v to ground. My question is: Where do i land that high leg phase in the transfer switch.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Correct a 240v transfer switch would not work. It would see the incoming voltage of 208v from the street and give an under voltage alarm. I have a (High Leg) B phase is 208v to ground. My question is: Where do i land that high leg phase in the transfer switch.
There is no such beast as a high leg 208/120 transformer bank. If you have a high leg system it is a 120/240 delta.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts