Electrician Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Can't Remember
10,133 Posts
Pulls ok? What size pipe and what size conductors in cable? If I remember right they had a couple of sizes that cover most installs.

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This cable covers up to 22kw. It is extremely stiff. It's basically wrapped in black well pipe. Is rated direct burial. I slipped it in 2" to save me 8" of digging. It really seems to be a toss up. If you figure in the cost of tray cable, plus #2 aluminum. Its awash.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Thanks mcclary......good to see that stuff.
Good info for those who haven't seen it yet (like me).:thumbsup:

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mcclary......good to see that stuff.
Good info for those who haven't seen it yet (like me).:thumbsup:
It was offered at the conference last month in Florida, Id be willing to bet that I'm the first in va to use it. I'm four jobs deep on it, and about two more jobs left on this roll.

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing that bugs me, sometimes I need that 7th conductor. The tray cable I always bought had 7, this is 6. I'm gonna be pissed when I need that 7th conductor.

·
Can't Remember
10,133 Posts
I went to the booth and have already forgotten what the lengths were. I'm interested. I have two 20kw units lined up for the spring. Probably not enough to justify the cost.

What are you using the 7th for, spare?

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the booth and have already forgotten what the lengths were. I'm interested. I have two 20kw units lined up for the spring. Probably not enough to justify the cost.
I've already quit selling 20 kws . I can sell 22's for only 200 more, so far nobody had opted to save a whopping 200.....lol

·
Can't Remember
10,133 Posts
My leftover units I had to buy from last year. Bought one 11kw for this year. What the rest of the year brings is anybody's guess. Agree with the logic. Next one needing that size will be a 22kw. Looking forward to the new load shed modules.

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My leftover units I had to buy from last year. Bought one 11kw for this year. What the rest of the year brings is anybody's guess. Agree with the logic. Next one needing that size will be a 22kw. Looking forward to the new load shed modules.
I'm kinda pissed they are taking the load shed module away from us. I absolutely love the new load shed, but I want the option. Today, for instance, my transfer switch was 5 ft. From the heat pump. I'm taoism pissed that I will need an additional 150 module when I could have wired into the old style in 5 minutes.

·
WWMDSD
214 Posts
Im all giddy how you used that fitting to connect the LB to the switch McClary, I never thought of that before. My new way of doing it thanks :thumbsup:

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
This cable covers up to 22kw. It is extremely stiff. It's basically wrapped in black well pipe. Is rated direct burial. I slipped it in 2" to save me 8" of digging. It really seems to be a toss up. If you figure in the cost of tray cable, plus #2 aluminum. Its awash.
Is the gauge written on it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts