Electrician Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Every man for himself I say!
Pay should be on a sliding scale with experience.
I am licensed and have been a tradesman for 12 years, why should some new kid just out of his apprenticeship get paid the same?????
ITS NOT RIGHT!

·
Registered
10 Posts
And I'm approaching 60 and retirement.. I'm slow, won't climb ladders, not a forman or management, and bitter that all I make is scale while all my friends have passed me up over the years. Your saying I should be at the top of the pay slide since I stayed around. I could be driving a Lexus? I like your thoughts. You convinced me! THANKS

·
Registered
32,967 Posts
I am a Union contractor and the KIDS just out of apprenticeship do not make what my expierenced men make....But if you are in construction, I carefully say this, but if they do have most of it down to do quality installations after 5-years in a program, maybe they should become a plumber.

If it was everyman for his self...you'd most likely have no retirement, health care, pay for your own education.

No I am no major Union promoter and there are some real issues with the unions. But they set a standard so even open shop workers benefit.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.