Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have some questions I cant seem to find or understand because I am teaching myself the electrical code book

what is a target table? how a switch operates?

what does the distance from the centre point depend on, what does that mean?

what does the cec do? is this an organization council?

what is another name for low voltage protection? 3 wire control? why?

what is eol and how does it operate? is that end of line for fire systems? is it a supervisory current meaning it keeps the fire alarm current in line?

I know an overload is when the current is above the wires ampage? and is it connected in the power service and control service?

I know the electrical definition of a service factor but I don't really understand it, could it be explained?

how do I calculate this question? a service factor of 1;15 what is the maximum current for the overload setting? what tables do I use?

I cant answers all of this question?
wex 100 hp motor, 575 volt, and sf of 1:15
a) fla of the motor table 44 -99 amps
b)maximum overload current? how do I do this?
c)what is the wire size using type r90?
what size time delay fuse would we use?

what is a jog circuit, I know that when you use the start button the path is completely ocmplelt by what diffenrece does the jog button have?

I have no one to teach me so please help would be great in good detail and explanation

·
Electrical Contractor
5,524 Posts
WHY are you teaching yourself the code book?
IF you are an apprentice, you will learn it in school.
IF you think that getting hired on, because you know something of the code, you are mistaken. And you are not allowed to do electrical unless you are an apprentice under supervision, or a licensed journeyman.
IF you are trying to better yourself for a current job, then you have to learn the basics and from the questions you have asked, you are all over the spectrum.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I just have some questions I cant seem to find or understand because I am teaching myself the electrical code book

what is a target table? how a switch operates?

what does the distance from the centre point depend on, what does that mean?

what does the cec do? is this an organization council?

what is another name for low voltage protection? 3 wire control? why?

what is eol and how does it operate? is that end of line for fire systems? is it a supervisory current meaning it keeps the fire alarm current in line?

I know an overload is when the current is above the wires ampage? and is it connected in the power service and control service?

I know the electrical definition of a service factor but I don't really understand it, could it be explained?

how do I calculate this question? a service factor of 1;15 what is the maximum current for the overload setting? what tables do I use?

I cant answers all of this question?
wex 100 hp motor, 575 volt, and sf of 1:15
a) fla of the motor table 44 -99 amps
b)maximum overload current? how do I do this?
c)what is the wire size using type r90?
what size time delay fuse would we use?

what is a jog circuit, I know that when you use the start button the path is completely ocmplelt by what diffenrece does the jog button have?

I have no one to teach me so please help would be great in good detail and explanation
The NEC book is a reference manual. Don't know about the Canadian Code. You really need a book like Mullen to start from scratch.

·
Electrical Contractor
5,524 Posts

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
guys.... why hasn't anyone helped me im really stuck and this forum has proved compleltly useless so far .....

( Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum )

This is what this forum is about !

If you think we are compleltly useless, why are you bothering ?

Are you .....

#1 .... an apprentice ?

#2 .... a student ?

#3 .... an interested party ?

#4 .... none of the above ?

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
guys.... why hasn't anyone helped me im really stuck and this forum has proved compleltly useless so far .....
In your first post on this site you asked nearly 20 questions that were randomly all over the place. While not giving us any insight as to why you are asking.

Help us help you!

·
Registered
166 Posts
28-306 explains overload setting.
Service factor is one of the ratings of a motor.
Overload has nothing to do with wires. that is overcurrent.
Jog button runs a motor only when the button is pushed.
There is no latching.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you're an apprentice, wait until you're in trade school to try and learn this stuff. A real understanding will only come with experience in the field and learning how to properly interpret the rules in the code.

Don't bang your head against the wall for no reason

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.