Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of threads about this that did help a lot, but there are a few questions that I still need answered and want to get reassured about. Wether it be through IBEW or any other ways of becoming a Apprentice.

1* Are they biased between GED or High school Diploma?
2* If your high school transcript is poor / dropped out, could that effect?
3* At least in my state there is a requirement of 1 full Algebra credit. Could taking Adult Ed night classes for that one credit work? or look bad during interview?
4* Is college or Tech school programs that important when looking to be accepted as a Apprentice? Ive heard multiple opinions, but I'm not looking to drop $21,000 intuition if its not so important.
5* Also, any other ways of joining Apprenticeship programs besides local IBEW?

As much and any information is appreciated!

I may have made poor decisions with school when I was younger, but thats exactly what it was, I was a kid. My ethic, motivation, knowledge, attitude, and desire to succeed and learn is through the roof and I don't want my past to catch up to me in my dream of this profession.

·
Registered
413 Posts
1* Are they biased between GED or High school Diploma?
2* If your high school transcript is poor / dropped out, could that effect?
Nope, my grades in high school would make you or anyone else look like a road scholar..:laughing:

ffffff-f

Kids will be kids.:thumbsup:

3* At least in my state there is a requirement of 1 full Algebra credit. Could taking Adult Ed night classes for that one credit work? or look bad during interview?
Not in my book, it tells me you've become a man and are now willing to do the work,,Make sure you pass.

4* Is college or Tech school programs that important when looking to be accepted as a Apprentice? Ive heard multiple opinions, but I'm not looking to drop $21,000 intuition if its not so important.
Tech School will be required by you state electricians examiners, but not college, ask them and may even be able to find the proper school for an electricians apprentice.

$21,000,,, That sounds way high to me, Don't get ripped off, do the foot work to find the best one for you.

5* Also, any other ways of joining Apprenticeship programs besides local IBEW?

As much and any information is appreciated!
Yes some of the larger electrical contractors that are not in the IBEW will get you the training.

I may have made poor decisions with school when I was younger, but thats exactly what it was, I was a kid. My ethic, motivation, knowledge, attitude, and desire to succeed and learn is through the roof and I don't want my past to catch up to me in my dream of this profession.
Been there kid,,The good news is you're not in prison.:eek::laughing:

Welcome to the electrical trade and the forum....:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts