Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, don't answer that question :( .

A GFCI receptacle is feeding a standard receptacle. When the GFCI is turned off (test buttons), the downstream receptacle turns on. When the GFCI is turned on, the downstream receptacle turns off. Load and line sides are wired correctly. Didn't have a chance to investigate further before I got chased out of there for the day.

What you say wise guys...erm...wise men?

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,707 Posts
If it's not wired backwards and is not a faulty GFCI, I would say its being back fed.

x2 with the old gray matter,,, btw, has anyone seen my keys?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

A GFCI receptacle is feeding a standard receptacle. When the GFCI is turned off (test buttons), the downstream receptacle turns on. When the GFCI is turned on, the downstream receptacle turns off. Load and line sides are wired correctly. Didn't have a chance to investigate further before I got chased out of there for the day.

Replace it with a new one,if that still happens after:no:

·
Registered
Electrician
4,483 Posts

Just one of the line-loads is crossed? Or defective GFCI.

Edit: Put a P&S in there, they won't ever latch/lock/set if line-load is crossed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.