Electrician Talk banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,537 Posts
Bet we never find out!! OP hasn't been back since day he posted.

Reactions: Bird dog

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Maybe he is still trying to figure out how to write the ending to the story.
We could do better. The breaker was a smart breaker & a hacker was turning it on/off from the local Starbucks.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Reactions: Quickservice

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
1,714 Posts
Bet we never find out!! OP hasn't been back since day he posted.
Dennis needs to figure out a way to charge ANYONE who is a member here a fee/tax/penalty for threads left open ended when the OP doesn’t come back and tell us what the solution was.

I think some members forget that the information is not just useful to them, but many of us try to file away the problem and resolution to be used later when WE need it.

Rant off.

·
Premium Member
Working With the Tools
826 Posts
Dennis needs to figure out a way to charge ANYONE who is a member here a fee/tax/penalty for threads left open ended when the OP doesn’t come back and tell us what the solution was.

I think some members forget that the information is not just useful to them, but many of us try to file away the problem and resolution to be used later when WE need it.

Rant off.
I have a feeling that the OP was not entirely truthful. He was successful in creating a thread that grew to 49 posts.

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,537 Posts
Lets make it 50 posts.
I think sometimes we hit the nail on the head, they say no. THEN try what we said, and it works imagine that. They don't have the curtesy to admit they were wrong or off base so they go away.
Cowboy

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
At sign up charge a $1-5 nuisance fee. IMO that would run off a lot of DIYers, HOs, trolls, spammers, hucksters etc.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a similar situation recently. A 2 pole 50A for the range was burning up. A handy man wire it and cut several strands off the #6 cu to make to easier to fit in the breaker. The heat caused by that connection was destroying the 2 pole 50. The heat was also causing nearby breakers to heat up and lose the connection to the bus. Some would trip, some would just quit working. Thankfully it was copper bus and I caught it early enough that the bus wasn't ruined, only several breakers.
I shut off the main, used emery cloth to shine the copper bus and installed new breakers. I tightened every connection in the panel. That was 2 months ago and everything is still fine.
Using emery cloth--or even a solvent--on bus voids the warranty; just saying.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts