Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Nice Ill have to try one.

Judging by the last pic it looks like that's one of those jobs where you have to comb your hair while you shower to get all the plaster dust out.

·
Banned
8 Posts
How'd you make such a round cut-out with a flat blade?

How well did the M12 oscillating tool work? I assume the batteries don't last too long when cutting hard plaster.

That "plaster" you have is similar to what we have here, basically concrete with a thin coat of plaster on top of it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Bought this for twenty dollars yesterday. Dremel brand carbide blade. Made in Switzerland.
So far I have cut out 5 single gang, 1 two gang, 1 three gang, and four 6" holes with it. 1"+ thick plaster on metal lathe.
thats pretty sweet, i use the fein blades that are " all purpose" in my fein multi tool and they are total junk

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How'd you make such a round cut-out with a flat blade?

How well did the M12 oscillating tool work? I assume the batteries don't last too long when cutting hard plaster.

That "plaster" you have is similar to what we have here, basically concrete with a thin coat of plaster on top of it.
2-3 6" holes per battery. I have the small m12 batteries and it eats them up. I do have 5 batteries and three chargers though.

As far as cutting a round hole is concerned the flatness of the blade doesn't matter much on a 6 inch hole. I just plunge straight up all the way around.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Bought this for twenty dollars yesterday. Dremel brand carbide blade. Made in Switzerland.
So far I have cut out 5 single gang, 1 two gang, 1 three gang, and four 6" holes with it. 1"+ thick plaster on metal lathe.
I put one to use tonight,,:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks I do a lot of plaster and have eaten up blades on everything! Im gonna go stock up on those. I even tried those expensive ass carbide sawzall blades and they didn't last to long. Do you have any trouble with your battery vibrating out of ur m12 multi? That happens to me evertime with all of my batteries. I want the m18 to see if the clips prevent the battery from slipping out. Anyone used the m18 one? Curious about fatigue with the weight on it after a few holes in a row.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.