Electrician Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Im a little sparky...
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey every one. Been a while since I been here.

Got a good hit on my resume. Company that does fire protection and electrical service and genny installs

Little back story on this.

Couple of weeks ago I got a hit from my dad and called the number I was given. Well I met with the man I was told about and come to find out he was not really hiring. Ok hopes dashed. Right? Wrong!

Find out this past Tuesday the hit on my resume is from the company mentioned above. (quick note won't be using names here) so I go in for the first of two interviews today, nervous as all get out, thinking I just got to a typical corporate type place, but lo and behold I was WRONG.

I quickly figure out after my interviewer greets me that something is a little off.

I have been on a lot of interviews for different jobs and thought I knew what to expect.

Needless to say I had a wee little bit o egg on my face.

I find out my first interviewer is the construction manager. Ok, cool. We sit down and he literally starts shooting the breeze with me about the job opening and about my past experiences at other jobs. As soon as he reads my resume with the six flags reference, he smile and asks if that was an interesting job. I said yeah and gave him a quick version of how I ended up speaking to Parris Hilton. So he then has to get the service manager over to talk to me and he does the same thing. By this time I have relaxed and felt it was going good. Then he relays that he made s joke to the drug testing people that he hadn't studied for the "test". By this point I just started to giggle and when I left he said they had to talk to the accountant. Turns out their boss said to interview me and well they were impressed.

Now just have to wait till Monday to see what happens.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Sounds pretty typical to me.

Some interviewers end up trying to sell you the position more than they're trying to interview you.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I was shocked.just plain gobsmacked. One of the best interviews I have ever had
I hope the company is as good as they make themselves out to be. Just chill and you'll be fine.

Oh, and be honest about your experience because you don't know how soon they'll "test" you on it. Sell your best skills hard, and make it clear what ones you want to work and improve on so long as it applies to the work they do. You want to avoid coming off as insecure.

·
Im a little sparky...
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just so you all know the parris Hilton event did in fact happen. wish I could find the photos.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Just so you all know the parris Hilton event did in fact happen. wish I could find the photos.
Oh, I wasn't talking about that experience. Scarlet Johansen put food on my plate and I didn't even realize it was her until after the fact. :thumbup:

·
Im a little sparky...
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i wish you guys could have seen the look on my co-workers faces when they figured out who it was. priceless.

·
Wire Ninja
20,984 Posts
There aren't that many celebrities who make their home in the mid-atlantic area, but the couple I've worked for are regular people. Nicer home then most, but pretty normal folk. Heck, I've sat at a picnic table and had iced tea with Linda Carter (Wonder Woman), and shared leftover Thanksgiving turkey with Sherman Hemsley (George Jefferson). Both completely normal and down-to-earth people. I think celebrities are relieved when they're around a regular working man. Teller (from Penn and Teller) lets his dog run at the same dog park I go to. We sit and chat sometimes. I have never let on that I know who his is. I would spoil it.

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
There aren't that many celebrities who make their home in the mid-atlantic area, but the couple I've worked for are regular people. Nicer home then most, but pretty normal folk. Heck, I've sat at a picnic table and had iced tea with Linda Carter (Wonder Woman), and shared leftover Thanksgiving turkey with Sherman Hemsley (George Jefferson). Both completely normal and down-to-earth people. I think celebrities are relieved when they're around a regular working man. (Teller) (from Penn and Teller) lets his dog run at the same dog park I go to. We sit and chat sometimes. I have never let on that I know who his is. I would spoil it.
Teller!

Was it a one-sided conversation??? :jester: :laughing:

·
Im a little sparky...
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just gave them a call. They said they are still reviewing and should have an answer by the end of the week or next week. I am keeping my hopes up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts