Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a 300W halogen floodlight that won't burn up after 6 months? I have tried Regent and Rab and they are both junk. The sockets overheat, corrode and burn out. Do they even make a commercial quality light anymore?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
MTW said:
Can anyone recommend a 300W halogen floodlight that won't burn up after 6 months? I have tried Regent and Rab and they are both junk. The sockets overheat, corrode and burn out. Do they even make a commercial quality light anymore?
Yeah get with it. Those are like the beepers of portable light distribution.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
What in the world is halogen? And I started in '68.

LED baby. All the way and you won't be back.

·
Licensed Journeyman
5,880 Posts
Halogen? Is that the little fire starter light? Check out LED technology. It's the new style.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Pete what are trying to light up?

You can get about the same amout of light using outdoor spot light sockets with screw in LED outdoor flood lamps for less than 100 bucks.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,513 Posts
As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I was gonna suggest LED! Glad to see all the others that are on board! Why in the world would you want to sell your customers 19th century technology? We are 14 years into the 21st century for crying out loud!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Have you heard about LED's?

All I know, is that we have had problems with everything except mercury vapor and high pressure sodium, but like JLarson says, they are all f*cking garbage now.

·
Registered
14,325 Posts
All light fixtures are cheap ass now. Thin metal, crappy hadwear, cheap sockets, wire, crappy ballests, photocells and TL sockets.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
Has anyone mentioned LEDs?
has anyone mentioned that LEDs havent been around as long as electronic fls and they continue to fail way faster than ' old' technology? get with the program, people, new **** is designed to not last any longer than enough for us to have to replace it way before its 'estimated' life

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
has anyone mentioned that LEDs havent been around as long as electronic fls and they continue to fail way faster than ' old' technology? get with the program, people, new **** is designed to not last any longer than enough for us to have to replace it way before its 'estimated' life
You just keep on putting in incandescent and CFL's then. You customers will love ya.:laughing:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts