Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys opinions on a good solar distributer? Every distributor website you go to, says they are the best. In one way or another. Looking for honest opinions. Only one that I have dealt with is "Ontility" out of Houston.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Distributors

It depends on what you are looking for in a distributor, of course.
Often you will be swayed by whether or not a distributor carries a particular line that you want to offer. I have used, ontility, soligent (formerly DC Power), AEE, and a couple others. All have done a reasonable job, some a little better than others.One of my favorites is Focused Energy out of NM. They like to have a long relationship, not a one off purchase, but they reciprocate that loyalty through in many ways.

Electrical supply houses are getting more knowledgeable, but are usually a little higher priced. Still, if you have a good one, it may be worth the effort to educate them about what you need.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We have been begging our electrical supply to get on board. They have expressed interest but they seem like "good ol' boys" who are still trying to figure out if solar is a joke...

I told them that they're about to get left behind.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think it all still relies heavily on subsidies but so do other industries (airlines, mortgages and home building etc.) so I'm not sure how much of a factor that is. I think the biggest hurdle for solar is the fact that energy here is still comparatively inexpensive. When we see the price of electricity double or triple from current rates solar will be a no brainier. Location matters as well. Electricity here in Tx is $.10 per KWH, I believe in Hawaii it is around $.40

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.